Present at the Premier Ed-Tech Event in the Northwest!
The NCCE 2024 Conference Program Committee is pleased to invite you to share your knowledge and expertise by presenting at NCCE 2024, which will be held on February 14 – 16, 2024 at the Seattle Convention Center in Seattle, WA.
The NCCE Conference is an opportunity to showcase innovative instructional strategies and technology resources that have a positive impact on learning. Individuals representing all academic disciplines and levels in the educational system and all phases of technology education are welcome to submit proposals. We encourage you to share your positive experiences, programs and success stories about which you are passionate, and to highlight the educational technology tools that enable you to be a creative and engaging educator.
NCCE celebrates diversity, and we are committed to developing and providing professional learning that highlights different perspectives. We welcome unique and creative proposals that support equity and diversity.
Types of Presentations:
50-minute Concurrent Session
Sessions are 50 minutes in length and designed for you to share information and interact with attendees on a topic in which you have expertise. Session rooms are typically set up in theatre seating and rooms range in size from 75 - 150. Most attendees will have a mobile device to access resources that you provide or take notes for their own learning. Both the main and co-presenter(s) will receive a discounted registration of $200.
Two-hour Workshop (BYOD)
BYOD Workshops are 1 hour and 50 minutes in length. Workshops are offered to provide attendees with an opportunity to learn a new skill or take a deeper dive into a topic. BYOD workshops are held in a lab set-up with classroom seating for up to 45 participants. Participants bring their own device and install necessary apps or software prior to the workshop. You may have more than one person presenting workshop, but only the main presenter will receive a complimentary conference registration. All co-presenters will be offered a discounted $200 registration.
Panel discussions should consist of a facilitator and panel members and are a great format to bring together several subject matter experts representing different regions. Panel members should be provided questions ahead of time and you should also plan for an opportunity for Q and A. The lead panelist will receive a complimentary registration and each co-presenter will receive a discounted registration of $200.
IGNITE sessions are 10-minute fast-paced presentations that are intended to “Ignite” the passion, curiosity, and interest of the audience in a creative and unexpected way. Each presenter will use their own device and may have exactly 20 slides. Each IGNITE session has a conference volunteer that will facilitate the session by introducing the presenters, ensuring presentations are ready, and leading a brief opportunity for questions. IGNITE session rooms are typically theater seating ranging in size from 40 to 100 seats. You may have more than one person presenting, but only the main presenter will receive a discounted registration of $200.
Selections will be chosen based on their interest to conference attendees and relevance to current trends and best practices. NCCE prefers to focus on the teaching and learning with ed-tech applications rather than the device.
- Provide a well-written description of your proposal. This information appears in the conference mobile app and on the conference website. We recommend writing your description offline, so you can proofread, and spell check your document.
- Be specific about the focus of your presentation. Space is limited, so be brief and concise.
- This is your opportunity to generate interest in your presentation, so make your proposal unique!
- Proposals should be new content and should not have been presented at a previous NCCE conference.
- Proposals are reviewed and selected by a volunteer selection committee of NCCE members along with the Conference Program Director.
- Accept and regret notification will be sent via email by the end of September. You will then be asked to accept NCCE’s invitation to present. Please make sure you have the necessary approvals from your district or organization beforehand.
All proposals will be carefully reviewed and selected by a committee of NCCE and education community members.
- The proposal description is complete, clearly stated and of interest to attendees.
- The proposal addresses and highlights equity and diversity in edtech.
- The topic is current, a proven best practice or an exciting emerging trend in educational technology.
- The proposal description convinces the reader that the presenter has a solid understanding of the topic and has an ability to engage and inspire the audience.
- The proposal clearly emphasizes how it
- The topic is a fit for the focus areas for the conference.
Each presenter is expected to provide an electronic copy of his/her resources and/or presentation in advance. These will be posted on the conference website. (Presenters maintain property rights.)
NCCE requires all main presenters and co-presenters to register for the conference by December 15th, 2023. If registration is not completed by this deadline, the accepted presentation may be cancelled, and you will not receive a discounted registration.
50-Minute presentations: The main presenter and co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
Workshop (BYOD) presentations: The main presenter will receive a complimentary registration. Co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
IGNITE presentations: The main presenter and co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
Panel Discussion: The lead panelist will receive a complimentary registration and each co-presenter will receive a discounted registration of $200.
NCCE 2024 Conference Date & Location:
February 14 – 16, 2024
Seattle Convention Center
705 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101
Proposal Submission Deadline: August 15, 2023
Applicants will receive notification of acceptance by the end of September
Presenter Registration Deadline:
Presenters are required to register for the conference by December 15, 2023. If you are not registered by December 15th, your presentation is not guaranteed, and you will not receive discounted registration rates.