Welcome to NCCE 2023!
March 21-23, 2023 at the Tacoma Convention Center, Tacoma, Washington
*** Start the Call for Proposal process at the bottom of this page by entering your email ***
Present at the Largest Ed-Tech Event in the Northwest! The NCCE 2023 Conference Committee invites you to share your knowledge and expertise by presenting at NCCE 2023, which will be held on March 21 - 23, 2023 in Tacoma, WA at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center.
The NCCE Conference is an opportunity to showcase innovative instructional strategies and technology resources that have a positive impact on learning. Individuals representing all academic disciplines and levels in the educational system and all phases of technology education are welcome to submit proposals. As you consider potential topics, we anticipate an increase in professional development with an emphasis on remote learning and related topics, as well as on innovative ways to engage students during instruction.
Types of Presentations:
50-minute Concurrent Session
Sessions are 50 minutes in length and designed for you to share information and interact with attendees on a topic in which you have expertise. Session rooms are typically set up in theatre seating and rooms range in size from 40 to 170 seats. Most attendees will have a mobile device to access resources that you provide or take notes for their own learning. Both the main and co-presenter(s) will receive a discounted registration of $200.
Two-hour Workshop (BYOD)
BYOD Workshops are 1 hour and 50 minutes in length. Workshops are offered to provide attendees with an opportunity to learn a new skill or take a deeper dive into a topic. BYOD workshops are held in a lab set-up with classroom seating for up to 45 participants. Participants bring their own device and install necessary apps or software prior to the workshop. You may have more than one person presenting workshop, but only the main presenter will receive a complimentary conference registration. All co-presenters will be offered a discounted $200 registration.
Panel discussions should consist of a facilitator and panel members and are a great format to bring together several subject matter experts representing different regions. Panel members should be provided questions ahead of time and you should also plan for an opportunity for Q and A. The lead panelist will receive a complimentary registration and each co-presenter will receive a discounted registration of $200.
IGNITE sessions are 10-minute fast-paced presentations that are intended to “Ignite” the passion, curiosity, and interest of the audience in a creative and unexpected way. Each presenter will use their own device and may have exactly 20 slides. Each IGNITE session has a conference volunteer that will facilitate the session by introducing the presenters, ensuring presentations are ready, and leading a brief opportunity for questions. IGNITE session rooms are typically theater seating ranging in size from 40 to 170 seats. You may have more than one person presenting, but only the main presenter will receive a discounted registration of $200.
Tech Savvy Exploratorium
The Tech Savvy Exploratorium is a space that will provide a collaborative environment for educators to experiment and explore together! For many it will be the first time to try something new. For others, it will be a chance to interact with experts and their peers and test out tools, gadgets and activities to enhance teaching and learning in their school or district. Are you using Augmented Reality? Virtual Reality? Robotics? Coding? New gizmos and devices for Makerspaces? Share your expertise with others and be part of the Tech Savvy Exploratorium where you can demonstrate your successful implementation of emerging tools. Timeslots are 1 hour and 50 minutes. Both the main and co-presenter(s) will receive a discounted registration of $200.
Selections will be chosen based on their interest to conference attendees and relevance to current trends and best practices. NCCE prefers to focus on the teaching and learning with ed-tech applications rather than the device.
- Provide a well-written description of your proposal. This information appears in the conference mobile app and on the conference website. We recommend writing your description offline, so you can proofread, and spell check your document.
- Be specific about the focus of your presentation. Space is limited, so be brief and concise.
- This is your opportunity to generate interest in your presentation, so make your proposal unique!
- Proposals should be new content and should not have been presented at a previous NCCE conference.
- Proposals are reviewed and selected by a volunteer selection committee of NCCE members along with the Conference Program Director.
- You will be notified by email by Mid-October 2022 if your proposal is selected for the conference. You will then be asked to accept NCCE’s invitation to present. Please make sure you have the necessary approvals from your district or organization beforehand.
All proposals will be carefully reviewed and selected by a committee of NCCE members.
- The proposal description is complete, clearly stated and of interest to attendees.
- The topic is current, a proven best practice or an exciting emerging trend in educational technology.
- The proposal description convinces the reader that the presenter has a solid understanding of the topic and has an ability to engage and inspire the audience.
- The topic is a fit for the focus areas for the conference.
Each presenter is expected to provide an electronic copy of his/her resources and/or presentation in advance. These will be posted on the conference website. (Presenters maintain property rights.)
NCCE requires all main presenters and co-presenters to register for the conference by December 31, 2022. If registration is not completed by this deadline, the accepted presentation may be cancelled, and you will not receive a discounted registration.
- 50-Minute presentations: The main presenter and co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
- Workshop (BYOD) presentations: The main presenter will receive a complimentary registrationand. Co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
- Tech Savvy Exploratorium presentations: The main presenter and co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
- IGNITE presentations: The main presenter and co-presenters will receive a discounted conference registration of $200.
- Panel Discussion: The lead panelist will receive a complimentary registration and each co-presenter will receive a discounted registration of $200.
NCCE 2023 Conference Date & Location: March 21-23, 2023 at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center, Tacoma, Washington
Proposal Submission Deadline: September 23, 2022
Notifications: Applicants will receive notification of acceptance by Mid-October 2022
Presenter Registration Deadline: Presenters are required to register for the conference by December 31, 2022. If you are not registered by December 31st, your presentation is not guaranteed, and you will not receive discounted registration rates.
* We want to assure you that NCCE will be responsive to any world events. Our priority is your health and safety!
1. Email address
You have multiple profiles in the system. Please contact customer service for help in logging in.
2. New profile? Create an account
2. Enter your password
Technical Problems? Contact NCCE Program Support.