Circuit Playground = Iterative Education ($40 additional fee) (TA16)
Tuesday, February 26 8:30 am–11:30 am
WCC - 3B
This half day workshop will be spent exploring all the options available to you on the MakeCode. We will explore all the different applications of MakeCode with the Circuit Playground. We will go through a series of builds and learning cycles to empower you to be ready to incorporate the Circuit Playground into your classroom and school. (Attendees will receive a Circuit Playground kit with registration.)
1. Participants will be able to imagine and build creative circuits.
2. Participants will be able to build simple and effective programs using the free MakeCode coding program that will support a Circuit Playground design challenge.
3. Participants will learn how to create and solve open ended design challenges using the Circuit Playground.
4. Participants will learn how to build/use a variety of sensors that provide feedback.
5. Participants will explore how the Circuit Playground resources and methodologies support learning outcomes in their classroom.
6. Participants will explore these questions: Where do innovations come from? Can their emergence be influenced?
Aaron Maurer, Mississippi Bend AEA
Aaron Maurer is currently serving as STEM Lead for the Mississippi Bend AEA in Iowa. Aaron is a member of the Lego Education Advisory Panel, PBS Digital Innovator, PITSCO Tag Committee, Microsoft Innovator Educator Expert, Skype Master Teacher, Minecraft Global Mentor, Makey Makey Ambassador and was a finalist for the Iowa Teacher of the Year in 2014. He is an avid fan of STEAM, Makerspaces, and Project Based Learning. You can find all of his work on his website www.coffeeforthebrain.com and Twitter @coffeechugbooks